Monday, May 25, 2009

Studio Photography

Late March i attended a studio photography class, just to push myself outside my comfort zone. Studio photography has been something I have been interesting in doing for a long time, but never got around to do it. I've had some basic equipment for off camera flash photography, but always found excuses not to use it.

The class was initiated by Johnny Buchwald, from a Swedish Nikon photo club, and lead by John Hagby. We had two great models, Catarina and Mikael. John explained how to set up the light and then we were off shooting like crazy. It was super fun and I learned a lot. I only missed setting up the light myself, but the class schedule unfortunately didn't allow for that.











I recently bought a SB-900 flash, a stand and an umbrella, to further develop my skills. I'm also hoping to attend a upcoming class using off camera flash and learn how to set the light myself.

If you would like to get in touch with the models, please send me an email.

You can watch the complete set of images by clicking here. Please critique my images below or at my Flickr account, both negative and positive feedback is welcome. Until next time - make sure to pick up the camera often and happy shooting.

No comments: