Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Twist & Zoom

Right before sunset when light was fading away I was trying out a teqnique I have been thinking about to create surealistic dream photos. I popped up the on camera flash. Grabbed the zoom ring on my Tamron 17-50 mm f/2.8 lens. Started turning the camera slowly and pressed the shutter release. Not only did I twist the photo by turning the camera I also zoomed at the same time. The flash frooze the object partly. I used shutter speed priority to ensure a shutter speed of 0.2 - 0.5 sec. The photo exposure, contrast and saturation were enhanced a bit in Lightroom to increase the zoom and twist feeling. Try it - it is so much fun. Please share your results in the comments to this post to encourage others to try.

You can watch the complete set of images by clicking here. Please critique my images below or at my Flickr account, both negative and positive feedback is welcome.

Until next time, make sure you pick up the camera often, and play with the features in the camera - youwill always come up with something cool. Happy shooting!!

No comments: